Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them

I recently completed a maximum oxygen consumption (vo2 max) test with the guys from my class. I do believe that vo2 max test is important fitness test among professionals and amateurs. It's necessary to know where they are at or where their abilities lie. My stability makes me happy- I have had 3 tests in last 7 months and results vary between 63 and 64,8 ml/min/kg.
This will probably sound pretty weird, but even though I'm far from my best condition, every single time I try to push my limits. Well, with no success, but most importantly having a lot of fun and challenging enough.
On the other hand don't let the vo2 max test fool you. It hasn't been shown to be what wins races. When we look at stats of athletes, it's not the ones with the best vo2max or have the heaviest press that seem to make the big play or get across the line first. So even after horrible vo2 test your dreams can come true. But remember- there is no substitude for hard work- 1% percent inspiration and 99% perspiration.

No comments: