Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

A bachelor's life is a fine breakfast, a flat lunch, and a miserable dinner

My morning routine rarely changes. As soon as my alarm clock goes off, I immediately jump out of bed and perform my morning rituals of making my bed, washing my face, ''tour de toilet'' and getting dressed. I never think about any of them.  
And then after auto-pilot, it's one of my favorite time of the day- breakfast, time to put the right fuel in my tank.
For the most part I have 2-3 different breakfast recipes in addition to some occasional breakfast meals. One of my favorite is the oatmeal porridge with banana cream and to be honest I eat it for the most part. I found the original recipe on the team Sky website and modified it a little. It's easy, tastes great, takes ca. 20 minutes to prepare and most importantly provides the nutrients your body requires. In addition, this is a perfect pre-exercise meal for those who are physically active. The recipe is for 2 people and be consistent with your portions (I divide each ingredient amount by 2 when cook just for myself).
My kind of recipe- less than 10 ingredients.

Ingredients (2 servings): 600ml skim or low fat milk (or just water), 80g oatmeal (rolled oats/groats), 40g quinoa, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 20g brown sugar, 1-2 banana, 100g fat free plain yogurt, handful of muesli mix (raisins, nuts, banana), 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut.
I cook porridge and banana cream separately

Oatmeal cereal:
  1. Heat up milk until it starts to boil 
  2. Stir in quinoa, cook about 3-4 minutes 
  3. Add groats, cinnamon and brown sugar, cook about 10 minutes over low heat.
Banana cream: 
  1. Cut the banana into 3 pieces
  2. place the banana in boiling water (without peel) for about 5 minutes
  3. Drain
  4. Mash banana 
  5. Mix mashed banana and yogurt
Just before serving add muesli mix (raisins, nuts etc). Serve and Enjoy!


Finally, time to eat breakfast! There is also water at the table... and I'm always reading something (Rocacorba Daily at www.cyclingtips.com.au or emails) while eating breakfast. My quality time! 

But after that, all good things come to an end and bad things take their place- it's time to wash the dishes.

No comments: